Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Photoshoot With Casey and Nikki

I saw a photograph once of a Boston Terrier that was really simple---just the pup on an all white background turned into a black and white picture---I fell in love with it...and recently decided that I needed some of those same sort of artistic, non-cluttered pictures of my own kids. Nikki and Casey were mostly willing subjects---hasn't happened yet with Lucy and Brinkley.

These were my two favorites. Casey always does this when I get a camera near him...so it's very Casey and Nikki is also very compliant, willing to do whatever you want or need her to do...this face is very her. I love these. I might go back later and brighten them up more, still deciding on that.





In college when they wanted us to write about our influences and favorite artists...the two photographers whose work always stood out as my favs were Elliott Erwitt--mostly this picture and Sandy Skoglund--I have way too many favorites of hers...here are some. You've got to click on some to enlarge and see just how crazy and awesome they are. Awesome Art Installations Batman! Of course I can't leave out my old high school favorite, and being obsessed with sunflowers back then, this was my very favorite for a while.

5 comments:

Jessie July 22, 2009 at 8:46 AM  

very nice. I love the reflection in the 1st photo. I would like to this with all my "kids". lol What do you use for the backdrop?

Lennye July 23, 2009 at 9:23 AM  

Very Nice!!! Even I notice the artistic qualities in the kids photos. I am curious when are we seeing photos from the Sunflower Festival?

krista July 24, 2009 at 1:00 AM  

holy crap those are adorable.

Jessie July 25, 2009 at 8:29 AM  

YES, I remember the get a long gang!!!! I actually have some stuff I have found at thrift stores. I LOVE IT!!!! Someday I will dig out all of my toy collection and take pictures of it for my blog. Its just alot of work!

Anyways, I will try the white paper thing. THANKS!

Anonymous February 28, 2010 at 9:16 PM  

Love them. You've got the eye, girl!
Little Grover

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP