Thursday, October 9, 2008

The Last Few Days....

Washed and dried the most excellent SCORE! I brought back from Pearson. Julie's mom let me have some fabrics. Some are old feed sacks and the rest are just small pieces of fabric. I figured it could come in handy when wanting some subtle color in future newborn shots once people realize that we should take their pictures! **fingers crossed**
Fabric set two
Took a few photos of the chairs we got to bring back too...they need serious sanding and repainting, but it will be a while before we are able to dedicate time to that. We're more than likely painting them in MonkeyBean colors...red, orange and aqua. No, not all on one chair. :) We've been wanting chairs for the porch for quite some time, but they are all so expensive. So we're super stoked that with just an afternoon of hard outdoor labor, we were able to procure these! I've seen people sale those metal chairs and they were wanting WAY too much for them! And you just can't find rocking chairs that look like that anymore, at least without having to give up a kidney.
Metal Chairs To Paint 2
Rocking Chairs To Paint
New business cards arrived and they look super duper awesome! You'll notice a lot of the dogs and that is because there's a dog show coming up here in town...and what better way to try and obtain business from people who love their pets than to accost them with adorable photos of your own pets that YOU TOOK?! It's our newest advertising strategy and hopefully we'll get at least one photo shoot from it. Hey, worth a try!
Here's the whole new set:
New Business Cards
Close ups of some of my favs:
New Business Cards 3
Lucy Business Cards
The back of the new cards:
Back of New Business Cards
The old cards:
Older Business Cards
And their backs:
Backs of old business cards
Tuesday evening we went to the fair in Perry. Ate some "Greek" food and a funnel cake. Saw a really cool show by Vocal Trash, a group that uses trash for their instruments. They sounded really cool...I liked the sound coming from the empty water jugs and trash cans. Also listened to a couple of songs by Mustang Sally. We watched a hilarious hypnotist show. The people were doing some CRAZY stuff. Didn't ride any rides, but watched the OUT OF THEIR MINDS people ride them. The rides have gotten wilder and wilder and I just can't imagine how people's bodies can handle some of that stuff. EEK!
Lomo Ferris Wheel 2
Lomo Ferris Wheel
Sparkly Lights
Playing With Lights
How I would feel if I had to ride those heinous swings:
Yucky Swings
What the fair would look like with impaired vision:
Blurred Ferris Wheel
Greek Food NO where near as good as my favorite in Macon!
Fine Greek Food
Here's what they think about it:
Cow bootie
My week of Fall Break is almost over and I'm sad about it, it's gone WAY too fast!
Here are a couple of pics from our school's fair booth I had to decorate here in town. Julie had the day off so she helped me out! Sweet! This year I opted for NOT following what the other elementary schools usually do--and instead decorated the booth with student artwork. It was WAY more fun than trying to compete and decorate it by their boring themes. (Yes, I'm just a little bitter because the same school wins the competition every year no matter what, so this year I opted out and enjoyed it way more!)
The new vinyl banner I ordered:
Fairbooth Banner
Fairbooth wall 2
Fairbooth wall

5 comments:

K2daK October 9, 2008 at 8:38 PM  

Booth looked great! We too went to the Perry Fair-had a decent time...little different taking four kids. (2 of the neices tagged along) Night fair pictures are cool.

Wow you have been busy this week!
Can't wait to see the chairs done.

Lennye October 9, 2008 at 8:51 PM  

Love the Perry Fair photos. Also, you did another great job on the fair booth.

krista October 10, 2008 at 10:53 AM  

seriously...i CANNOT go on fair rides anymore. i used to love them. and just recently, we took the baby to her first pumpkin patch and i rode the tiny train with her, in a circle, and was terrified. all i kept envisioning was riding right off the track and having to save small children.
and i was pretty much riding a toy-sized train (which didn't really do well for my self-esteem concerning body size and bulk weight.)

Sarah B. B. October 11, 2008 at 8:31 PM  

GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Feed sacks!!!!! I am so jealous in an unhealthy way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am alive - just recovering from the last 7 weeks of travel, and trying to get this house back in order. Made lots of progress today (we have groceries, even!), and am hoping to continue that fun through the weekend. :) Thanks for checking on me. That fair booth ROCKED, by the way.

ModDiva October 12, 2008 at 4:24 AM  

Hizees!
I've been a total lurker on your blog and I just wanted to tell you that I LOVE all your pictures. Every time I see your shots I get inspired. What kind of fancy camera do you use or do you have special lenses? Oh yeah.. LOVES me the pictures of your 4 furry babies ( and I thought I was the only one who was crazy enough to have 4 and take photoshoots of them) I just wanted to let you know your pictures ROCK!
Cheers,
Mod Diva

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP