Wednesday, June 11, 2008

As Promised

Oooh Oooh Oooh I'm excited to finally get this project underway. The wall behind my computer in the office has been blank for quite some time and then I had a magical idea about what to put back there...a wall of enlarged black and white pictures. Nat gave me the address to Mpix and I just did one photo to see how I would like the size. I love how it turned out. We measured and with this particular size I can make four rows of three pictures. So, I'm doing three of each dog because I really love some of the pictures I have of them and want them displayed. Something about having my work enlarged I feel like a REAL artist. :) Look ma, I'm a real artist! (That should be said in the voice of Pinnochio!) I'm sure the wall will come together relatively slower than I would like because of not wanting to eat Ramen noodles to have a wall covered in photo enlargements ;) but I'm excited that it's on its way!


My desk area:

Did I ever tell you the story of my desk (as if you care right?)...I'm telling anyway. I loved this desk when it was at Target, but felt like it was too much money. Well, my Aunt Peggy works at Goodwill and the Target is just up the road from it, so when they get rid of stuff they send it over to the Goodwill store where she works. Because part of the corner was chipped a little, they sent it over to Goodwill and the price was drastically reduced...woo hoo...new desk for me! :)
My favorite thing on my desk is my Claes Oldenburg-esque clothespin paper holder I got from Kohls. I love me some Claes Oldenburg, I would love to visit all of his large sculptures he did with Coosje van Bruggen!
Especially Spoonbridge and Cherry!

4 comments:

Lennye June 11, 2008 at 12:09 PM  

I'm jealous! I want an Aunt Peggy! I just want someone with money right now!! We make the starving artists of the world look good!

I really like your pic of Lovely Lucy, and the clothes pin. I am in a cooking mood, so the sandwich looks yummy (minus the tomatoes).

K2daK June 11, 2008 at 7:35 PM  

Great picture! Can't wait to see the finished product, will you be framing too?

Anonymous June 12, 2008 at 6:01 AM  

I went to the web site Mpix - great place. Did you get the picture in gallery or foam - I think that is what it's called. Do you just upload the pictures on the computer and how long did it take to get it back to you? So many questions....I guess I just need to call you. You are such a great teacher for us all:)

Freda

K2daK June 12, 2008 at 7:09 AM  

Oh thank goodness for some Monkey music, yesterday I actually listened to Banana Pancakes and I like it even more..."No need to pay attention when the whole world fits into your arms" love it!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP