Thursday, May 22, 2008

Doodle 4 Google

I never knew this but Google has a student Art contest to redesign the Google logo. This year's theme was 'what if...?' and the finalists had some AWESOME designs!

This is the winner and I think it absolutely ROCKS! It reminds me of Eric Carle's collages.

Check out what the 6th grader said about her design!
My doodle, "Up in the Clouds," expresses a world in the sky. This new world is clean and fresh, and people are social and enlightened. Every person here is treated as family no matter who they are. The bright sun heats this ideal place with warmth, love, and brightens everyone's day.

Grace Moon
Canyon Middle School
Castro Valley, California

How super is that?! 'Every person here is treated as family no matter who they are.' That's too radical.

Some of my favorite designs from the rest:





2 comments:

Lennye May 22, 2008 at 7:58 PM  

These are the coolest things I've ever seen!

Natalie May 22, 2008 at 10:59 PM  

I noticed the google art today too--and it also reminded me of Eric Carle. In fact, not remembering about the art contest, I even thought that maybe he designed it. Is he alive still? I don't know. Anyway--thought it was cool. It is late--not thinking so brilliantly right now!! :)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP