Monday, March 31, 2008

Bloomin'

Onion. That title made me think of a bloomin' onion...yum. I'm hungry! :)




Today was a very dreary day, but the blooms outside are looking great. I love Spring. A lot. I love when things go from dead and sad, to alive and happy!

Just a little tidbit of news...the weekend was great. Had some fun on Saturday and had my first gelato. I got the one that tastes just like an orange old-school Push-Up. It was sooooo tasty!
Sunday from 9:30am-10:30pm I sorted and labeled 540ish pieces of Art for the Art show in May. Fun times. Today Bomar (music teacher), Crawford and Shannon (P.E. teachers) and Ms. Z. (Reading Lab teacher) were gracious enough to hang out in the gym with ALL of our classes each period so that the kids could come up and sign their artwork with me. So that means today I had 540ish students sign artwork throughout the course of the day. That's no biggie really except for having to yell at them to stop hitting or pushing each other, and other acts of craziness that kids like to do when around each other. Kindergarten was most interesting because I had to practically SPELL each of their names letter by letter FOR them as they wrote it. What's up with that?! (Thank goodness for Bomar helping out there or it would've never gotten done!) They are almost in first grade...and asking them to write their last name too?! That was a joke. They would stare at me and say, "I don't know how to do my last one."

It was as slow as watching someone try to alphabetize M & M's. ;)

4 comments:

Copperheart March 31, 2008 at 6:59 PM  

I'm jealous of your blooming trees! I did see the first bit of green grass today, so that was exciting for me :)
Good luck with your art show preparations! It sounds a little wacky.

Sarah B. B. March 31, 2008 at 7:33 PM  

Heavens - please don't let Lennye see that those Kindergarteners can't write their names yet. She'll flip. (ha!) :) :)

Lennye March 31, 2008 at 10:05 PM  

Lennye heard and feels the pain. I had a mother open my door at 2:00pm and say what do you mean I don't have a conference scheduled. I looked at her and thought I don't even know you!!!! She was lookin' for Hamlin.

krista April 1, 2008 at 12:40 AM  

awesome blossom vs. bloomin onion. ponder that and get back to me.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP