Thursday, October 11, 2007

Random things about me...


No pixie chasing today or adventures of Big Toe, so I thought I'd do this nifty little 7 random things about me too. But I don't care for odd numbers really, so I'm making mine 10. :)

1. I used to want everyone to think of me as nice, but as I've gotten older that has seemed like an impossible/exhausting feat so I've moved on to wanting people to think I'm funny instead. (Thus doing things like popping out of trunks)

2. I wear socks around the house all day long and only own about two pairs of solid colored socks, the rest are funkafied.

3. My nickname used to be "Sunflower" and now it's "Monkey." Monkeys are not my favorite animals, but I act like one--so that's how I got the name.

4. I love color, a lot! I don't watch black and white films/movies because they make my eyes hurt, but I do love black and white photography very much.

5. My photos and music on my computer are very valuable to me. I can't go without my music and I love all types. Really though, the 80's and 90's top everything.

6. I think loving and caring for people is sometimes painful because I expect a lot out of people not in terms of how much they give of material things, but how much they give of themselves. You show me that you care and are kind-hearted and I'll be your friend for life. Feeling needed and wanted mean a lot to me.

7. I think the internet is fascinating and amazing, but has made people lazy in the ways that things should be done...an email or whatever can't compare to snail mail or a phone call in terms of greetings, condolences, warms wishes, etc...

8. I can practically quote the words to "Beaches" and "You've Got Mail" as I watch them, two movies I have seen more than any others.

9. I think the most beautiful moments in life are the ones where you are doing something with people you care about and you take a moment and think to yourself that right at that moment, everything is the way it should be.

10. Besides music, the only things I collect right now are t-shirts...and they are sorted by color in my closet. :)

2 comments:

Jessie October 11, 2007 at 5:21 PM  

We have alot in common. Except I don't get into car trunks and I am not called monkey. lol ;)

Lennye October 11, 2007 at 6:59 PM  

Beaches is one of my favorite movies. However, I do like some of the good old black and white movies (Arsnic and Old Lace)(sp).

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP