Friday, October 26, 2007

Mad Skills


Check out one of the pumpkins I did on our afternoon of carving with Julie's peeps! I wish I could say that I came up with this interesting idea myself, but did not. I went to a link on another blog I read and after searching through many "unique" pumpkin carving ideas, I found this one. I just couldn't resist doing one myself! I think he turned out fairly well! The sad part about the entire situation is that we've been too lazy to clean up Mr. Pumpkin man's pumpkin puke off the front porch this week, so I'm sure that it's getting GOOD and RIPE out there. We just haven't been able to muster up enough desire to go deal with it, but it was a lot of fun making the mess...so that counts for something! :) More pumpkin carving pictures on the way. (By the way, Julie says this pumpkin looks like a sick Mr. Miyagi! I say, wax on, wax off...ha!)

We had a very entertaining afternoon with the 5th grade ladies where I got to bust out my mad door decorating skills for the Red Ribbon week door decorating contest. This year the top four doors win the teachers some gift certificates...so everyone jumped right on that like a chunky kid on chocolate cake. Nobody wants to be THAT one teacher that didn't decorate a door. It was a lot of fun decorating three or four doors at a time this afternoon and I'm excited to see how they all turn out. Julie was cool beans after a little coaxing and came up to hang out with us while decorating (even though we were supposed to be headed home for Pizza Hut and a video.) I was able to teach Reese how to make tissue paper look like water for the ocean wave on her door, I showed off some cutting skills with an x-acto knife on Reese, Harper and Hestad's doors and made an iceberg out of a flat sheet of foam stuff for Hestad's door that was so special that you could turn it in one direction and it was a Canadian Maple leaf, another direction it was the state of Texas...and then the regular iceberg. THAT my friends, is true talent. HA! I believe I also schooled them in the importance of a hot glue gun and extension cord. ;) Times like that where I can have fun with friends and help them while busting out with some skills, those times are really good to me!

5 comments:

Lennye October 26, 2007 at 9:23 PM  

I resemble the chunky kid on a chocolate cake remark! You did make something I was totally dreading more fun!

Anonymous October 27, 2007 at 7:33 AM  

Okay, this is a first - me "commenting on a blog"....but I had to! I had to remind you of how much we (F & L) appreciate your talents and friendship...too much to put in words. What are we going to do in the new school when you are on the other side of the world? My water does look GREAT by the way! I think it needs to be a photo-op for the blog...

Freda

Monkey October 27, 2007 at 10:00 AM  

Freda's first comment!! WOW! Thanks dudette! Seriously, that makes me have the warm fuzzies that you'd take the time to write that to me...I'm telling you--what might me a little something to someone else, usually is a big something to me! :) I really had fun yesterday afternoon (we should do more of that kind of stuff, it creates good laughs)

K2daK October 27, 2007 at 9:15 PM  

I want pictures, I want to see pictures!!

Jessie October 29, 2007 at 3:20 PM  

that pumpkin is great!!!!!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP