Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Brinkley, get that monkey off your back...


Lennye, Freda and I went to visit Brenda today at her relaxing lakeside home. She just got out of the hospital from having three screws put in her hip because she broke it right before Fall break. She's doing really well. They have a really cool Koi pond that her husband built himself and it's so nice and calming there. There's a HUGE rock right by the lake that looks perfect for sitting and doing some writing, reading or blogging. I may have to visit again. Freda popped in to check up on me yesterday and brought me a card with two gift certificates to Brusters...YUM! Then today Lennye surprised me with an orange monkey and said that Little Big Toe and the monkey must be in a picture together. (Thanks a bunch ladies for the coolio presents!) First, I couldn't resist trying to get a picture of Brinkley sporting this guy on his back. This was the best I could get...not half bad for an over-active puppy. You don't see the carrot that is above his head telling him to do this thing mom wants him to do so that it could go in his tummy. The boy would do just about ANYTHING for a carrot. The monkey made him quite nervous! :)

Kinsley and Rhino also visited yesterday and they brought me the snazzy Halloween socks. Very festive and fun! Thanks dudes! It was a very nice visit and Rhino and I shared his first Cheetos! The first few Cheetos he took a bite out of, he would eat just half and put it back in the bowl, that was pretty funny. We always like having them over because it feels like such a natural, cozy visit. (Brinkley is looking at these longingly, awaiting the day that he finds them sitting alone and can grab them up and walk around the house with them in his mouth.)

Little Big Toe and monkey went for some sunning on the hedges...as you can see on his face, Big Toe isn't so sure that monkey will be coming on many more excursions with him, because his clingyness is a tad bit intimidating.

3 comments:

Lennye October 10, 2007 at 4:45 PM  

The picture of Orange Monkey on Brinkley's back reminds me of an old rodeo act. They would tie a monkey on the back of a dog and let him run around. It was kinda funny!

I like the beginning Adventures of Orange Monkey and Big Toe.

K2daK October 11, 2007 at 1:19 PM  

That is SO funny! I had to laugh at the last picture. Two hours flew by for us at your house, Rhino just takes over, but he is comfortable. All day yesterday all I heard was "Julie" "Gunter" and then I would say "Julie is at work, Gunter is at home." By the end of the day it was "Julie work, Gunter home". It is good to have good people in his life!

Jessie October 11, 2007 at 5:24 PM  

lol!!!!

I want some ugly dolls too. I think they are so cute. I love the monkey too!!!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP