Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Direct phone number to Santa

Today a kindergartner brought me a drawing that had a ginormous number written on it. It was something like 3300110001100110. So I said, "What is that number?" He coyly said, "A phone number." "Whose number is it? Will it cost me money to call it?" He said, "I don't know, it will probably cost money, it's a number for someone I think you should call." I said, "I know whose number it is, SANTA!!!" His eyes widened in excitement and the possibly that this magical number that he pulled out from thin air could actually INDEED be that of the big man himself, SANTA! So that's when the wheels in my head started turning...WE MUST call this number. By this time, I drew a crowd of about, hmm...the entire class over to the phone. I pretended to punch in the magic gazillion digit phone number, but really dialed Coach Crawford. He didn't answer, so I called Sherri's room. While all of this is going on, they are bouncing up and down with pure exhilaration that I'm attempting to call Santa. I dial the "magic" number and tell Sherri that I'm trying to reach Santa because a student of mine had his number and we were wanting to ask him a few things. She says on the other line, "Ok, I get it." I say, "Santa could you please say something to Jeremiah?" Jeremiah shyly takes the phone and won't even say "hello." He does hear Santa say "ho, ho, ho" and walks away stunned. Karter picks up the phone to talk to Santa and Santa says "ho, ho, ho." When I asked Karter what Santa said, he looked at me with this scared, amazed look and said, "I just don't know." Of course when their teacher picked them up, we explained how Jeremiah had the number for Santa and everyone thought that was just great!! :)

3 comments:

Sarah B. B. September 25, 2007 at 6:59 PM  

How freaking awesome. That was brilliant of you!

Lennye September 25, 2007 at 8:46 PM  

such magic on my hall!

K2daK September 25, 2007 at 9:20 PM  

Santa came up in my room today, so strange!

That is AWESOME that you called Santa for your kids, can you imagine what they went home and told their parents? Way to go to the best art teacher ever!!!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP