Thursday, July 26, 2007

Playing Opossum






If you thought that only two-legged children could take on characteristics or become the child that your parents always warned/wished you'd have every time you did something crazy as a child...think again! Four-legged children can apparently take on these things too! When I was trying to take sheets off the bed to wash them, Brinkley would NOT move off the bed. I tossed his tennis ball, he wouldn't retrieve it...tried the bone, still no budging. He looked like he thought it was so funny too. I tried pushing him off, still couldn't get him to move. This immediately made me think of what my mom used to call "playing opossum." I used to love to get under the sheets when she was making the bed and have the sheet fall onto me while she was making it balloon over the bed to get it straight. When it came time for me to move so that she could tuck the sheets or whatever, I wouldn't budge. She'd ask me if I was asleep and I'd say "yes" and then she'd say "I think you're playing opossum." It was too funny! This went on for a while, before she'd finally tickle me or something to get me to move. Casey and Nikki have never done this...but then comes Brinkley who surprises me everyday and shows me what it's like to live with a monkey or in this case, a crazy opossum!

4 comments:

Anonymous July 26, 2007 at 4:24 PM  

I used to hate the sheet thing as a child, but my kids and my granddaughter LOVE it. Next you might try giving Brinkley a box. Amazing the fun our "kids" have with the simplest things. He's a real cutie!!!! Lee

Lennye July 26, 2007 at 4:55 PM  

Okay, perhaps Brinkley has a future in the movies! He definately is full of potential. Or if we can perfect his football abilities -- I hear there's a little town to the north in need of a quarterback!!! Does Brinkley get ALONG with the other dogs? I think they are looking for someone who doesn't get into dogfights! (I'm running a fever today, so this is my attempt at humor!!!)

Anonymous July 26, 2007 at 7:21 PM  

So cute!! KK

Anonymous November 11, 2008 at 2:21 AM  

Keep up the good work.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP