Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Home Sweet Home


We're back! We did not technically go on vacation or anything but weren't here in the house either. We've been helping some friends with various painting projects since Friday and haven't seen much of the house (or the sofa for some t.v. veg time). It's always fun hanging out at friends' houses, but it feels good to be back home too...where you know everything and it's yours. Julie has said that she could totally quit her job to become a house painter...I think I still like the idea of the stability of my "day" job and how I get awesome vacations. But, this painting gig is definitely something we will do on the side for extra money. Turns out (to my surprise) that most people don't like to paint walls and we don't mind it. So when someone asks us to paint something in the future, we'll be there! (Start sending out our names Nat...but don't tell them how much you paid, I'm thinking we need to raise the price a little...ha! ha! Seriously.) It's proven to be lucrative enough to make us happy already...for example the boxes of IKEA desks for the craft room...ah, the Heavenly IKEA angels sang to us once again of their affordable, modern furnishings...stay tuned for those lovely pictures (will be a while since the desks aren't even put together). And Sarah and Lindsey, we love you and I still say "you shouldn't have" but thank you VERY, VERY much!

2 comments:

Lennye July 10, 2007 at 5:02 PM  

Glad to know you are alive and back! Also, you never know when you might need a painter. I like knowing you and Julie have found something you like---cause I hate to paint. Denise (Shelby's mom) likes to paint too. You know I am still looking for a house, that MAY need some paint!!!!

Lennye July 10, 2007 at 5:06 PM  

Okay, I'm having one of those days when the blog post disappeared! I am so happy that you and Julie have found a second job market. Everyone needs one or two!!! Also, I am still looking for a house and may need good painters.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP